About + Fandoms + Stuff I Like
- Posts tagged “about me”
- Posts tagged “about this blog”
- Posts tagged “me”
- Posts tagged “socplay” (some costume photos)
About me: I live a Mako Mori + Nyota Uhura + Marvel (and some DC!) Ladies appreciation kind-o-life. If you hate these characters, we probably won’t get along all that well. Just sayin’. That’s it. *mic drop*
Actual long, long about me: In my public life, I am a costumer/costume hobbyist/cosplayer/person who plays dress-up outside, a fan person, and a doof. In my private life, I am these things, and also a ninja assassin, or whatever people assume me to really be.
Demographically, I: am a young adult, am American (so take some of what I say with a big grain of salt or an asterisk, international Tumblr peeps), was assigned female at birth and identify predominantly as such (in my own definition of what it means to be female, that is, and not always so much what is “expected” by standard American pop conventions, at least), am of mixed race and ethnicity (East Asian + Black is the most straightforward and concise race answer, with significant dashes of Native American, and little sprinkles of French and Spanish), am a woman-of-color (and damn proud of it), am pan, have some mental wellness struggles (namely and mainly GAD and depression; it’s a constant uphill battle, but you’ve gotta do it, right? I’m anxious just putting this information here, attached to a public persona in a public space, but if doing so helps anyone, it’s worth it), am single (jinkies), am a vegetarian, and certainly have my own socio-political views (and no real religious views - I am secular and heavily agnostic, but whatever helps you get through the day as long as you aren’t actively harming others in order to carry those beliefs, you know?).
I think you can infer fairly quickly where I lie on the political spectrum by some of my posts, but, then again, I tend to be more open about those topics here, and maybe not as much on say, Facebook. Those are just the concrete basics. Want to know anything else? Feel free to PM me!
The basics of what you will (mostly) find here/some fandoms I belong to (in varying degrees of intensity or “presence”):
Marvel/DC Comics (Mostly Marvel, per the sidebar blurb) | Pacific Rim | Star Trek (including Abrams Trek, which I tag as “nutrek” for those seeking to TS that out of existence) | Star Wars (usually original trilogy, but moving gradually back into the EU that served as part of my fledgling geek home) | Tron | Skyrim (mostly posts about my character, Eedris, who is a badass magic-slingin’, one-hand weapon-fightin’, morally-grayin’ Dunmer, and her adventures) | Animation (GIF + Conventional - Cel + CGI)| Film | Art | Fashion | Fandom | Costuming | Music | TV | Video Games (not always of the best quality or current generation) | Tag Commentary (notoriously bad with tag ranting/leaking) | [Intersectional] Feminism | Posts About/Against -isms and -phobias (so if you’re adamantly against seeing things related to, say, racism, sexism, homophobia, and the like, you might want to bust out your Tumblr Savior or just avoid this main blog) | Text Posts (mostly not funny at all, usually life + nightbloggy or passive-aggressive eyeroll-y posts re: comic/fandom things or current events) | Personal Posts (this is very much a personal page and space for me, more so than pretty much any other “branded” outlet) | lowercase - e-linguistics - AAVE - bad wurds - outdated slang - and “Proper English” - my Tumblrspeak is distinct and hard-to-pin sometimes | Science fiction genre stuff
By Marvel Comics, we’re talking:
- Avengers (especially pre-NOW! New Avengers)
- Daredevil (And all of Matt’s Poor Decisions Rendered Beautifully by Alex Maleev & Friends)
- Marvel Knights / Street-Level Marvels / Heroes for Hire
- Spider-Man / Spider-Fam (Peter, Miles, Kaine, Flash, Jessica, Anya, etc.)
- Carol Danvers (in all of her manifestations - I am not anti-Ms. Marvel or the costume, so, yeah, please no Ms. Marvel shaming or erasure in my face, thanks)
- She-Hulk (please, no gross fan art or Juggernaut references - that wasn’t even 616 Jen)
- X-Men (especially Storm, X-23, and other female X-peeps. Except for Emma Frost. Just not about that Emma life, sorry.)
- Deadpool (Go on, roll your eyes - Read Kelly’s run and get back to me)
- Misc. weirdos (Defenders and other random assemblages of offbeat supers)
- Some Cosmic (because space and comics)
- hahahaha well okay pretty much the entire Marvel U except for Asgard (I like Sif and Valkyrie???) and Marvel Mystic (haven’t read much of any - does Nico Minoru count?)
- Teen Titans (mainly 1980s New Teen Titans, with some smatterings of the cartoon, which I still very much enjoy, but appreciate for different reasons than the comic)
- Starfire (especially/mainly pre-52 Kory)
- Batfam (Especially Batwoman and Cassandra Cain. The Robins are growing on me, too. And Batgirl Beyond is just lovely.)
- Some Wonder Woman, Zatanna, the rest of the JLA, and others
- Superheroes being idiots, making poor decisions, being ridiculous, being cute, doing mundane things, or ending up in compromising situations
- Awesome/funny/adorable fan art
- Classic (okay, mostly Silver and Bronze Age) Marvel and DC and all the retro-hilarious greatness that comes with it
- [Strong] Feelings About Fictional Characters
- Cover art, panels, pages, a few State of the Industry / Sociology related posts here and there (when I feel they are warranted or when a good one comes along to reblog), tidbits, creator-related stuff, comic history, butts
- The main owners of my poor little bruised and battered heart vary, but these guys are usually on heavy rotation: Jen Walters, Carol Danvers, Matt Murdock (I have a love-hate-ridicule-adore relationship with him, see: #matt tag), Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Maya Lopez, Ororo Munroe, Koriand’r, Elektra Natchios, Misty Knight/Colleen Wing/Danny Rand/Luke Cage (yes all four all at once Daughters + Heroes appreciation life), and on and on. I like the MCU Avenger roster folks (especially Clint now that Fraction’s doing big thangs in Hawkguy), too, but I don’t honestly post that much about Tony & Friends because they already get a whole lotta love from the fandom, feel me?
I can veer into more serious subject matter dealing with issues of race, gender, sexuality, representation, and equality on multiple occasions, and sometimes, without warning. Usually, these posts pertain to comics and other “geek” media, but sometimes, they’re broader and address society and/or human rights in general. Those can vary. I can soapbox like the rest of ‘em. I consider myself an intersectional feminist. Take it or leave it.
Other fandoms may feature, but I mostly keep it in line with the Big 2. Okay, I Make Mine Marvel more often than not, but not always. But, to be honest, I do post/reblog whatever I want. Reblogs are more frequent because I often browse from mobile. Apologies in advance. If you’ve made it this far, you’re pretty awesome. Have a panda:
Okay, that’s it. I really should’ve and could’ve summarized all of this with a single ridiculous gif, but I’m shrouded in enough mystery as it is, or something.
Welcome to my little corner of the Internet.