About me: In my public life, I am a costumer/costume hobbyist, fan person, and generally awkward. In my private life, I am these things, and also a ninja assassin, or whatever people assume me to “really” be.
Demographically, I: am a young adult, am American, was assigned female at birth and identify predominantly as such (in my own definition of what it means to be female, that is, and not always so much what is “expected”), am in a relationship (with another costumer, naturally), am mixed race, and respect differing religious and political views (but certainly have my own).
The basics of what you will (mostly) find here:
Marvel/DC Comics | Animation | Film | Art | Fashion | Fandom | Costuming | Music | Tag Commentary
By Marvel Comics, we’re talking:
- Avengers (especially pre-NOW! New Avengers)
- Daredevil (And all of Matt’s Poor Decisions Rendered Beautifully by Maleev & Friends)
- Marvel Knights / Street-Level Marvels / Heroes for Hire
- Spider-Man / Spider-Fam (Peter, Miles, Kaine, Flash, Jessica, etc.)
- Carol Danvers (in all of her manifestations)
- She-Hulk (please, no gross fan art or Juggernaut references)
- X-Men (especially Storm, X-23, and other female X-peeps. Except for Emma Frost. Can’t get with it.)
- Deadpool (Go on, roll your eyes)
- Weirdos (Defenders and other random assemblages of offbeat supers)
- Some Cosmic (because space and comics)
- Teen Titans (mainly New Teen Titans, with some smatterings of the cartoon, which I still very much enjoy, but appreciate for different reasons than the comic)
- Batfam (Especially Batwoman and Cassandra Cain. The Robins are growing on me, too.)
- Superheroes being stupid, making poor decisions, being ridiculous, being cute, or ending up in compromising situations
- Awesome/hilarious/adorable fan art
- Feelings About Fictional Characters
- Cover art, panels, a few State of the Industry / Sociology related posts here and there (when I feel warranted), tidbits, creator-related stuff, butts.
- Space Age / Atompunk
- Science Fiction
- “Adult Animation” (adult humor, mind you)
- Comedy (black, satirical, reference-based, anti-, what have you)
- New Sincerity
- Postmodernism (I’m aware of the inevitable contradictions between the latter and this)
- Art Deco
- Etc. - Music is just all over the place, as is film and to a lesser extent, art and animation. I keep favorites, but I’m open to anything. Especially where music, movies, and comedy are concerned.
I also enjoy “ethnic” food, street food, modern architecture, skyscrapers, glass/metal/black wood/maple, Midcentury Modern interior design and fashion, Memphis furniture, Mod fashion, street style, robots, arcade gaming, the colors blue/gray/white/black/red, “odd” subcultures, video games, and fleece blankets, but you’ll most likely see less of those on here.
I can veer into more serious subject matter dealing with issues of race, gender, sexuality, representation, and equality on occasion, and sometimes, without warning. Usually, these posts pertain to comics and other “geek” media, but sometimes, they’re broader and address society and/or human rights in general. Those can vary. I can soapbox like the rest of ‘em.
Other fandoms may feature, but I mostly keep it in line with the Big 2. Okay, I Make Mine Marvel more often than not, but not always. But, to be honest, I do post/reblog whatever I want. Reblogs are more frequent because I often browse from mobile. Apologies in advance. If you’ve made it this far, you’re pretty awesome. Have a panda:
Okay, that’s it. I really should’ve and could’ve summarized all of this with a single ridiculous gif, but I’m shrouded in enough mystery as it is, or something.
Welcome to my little corner of the Internet.