You know that rad Hawkguy book that Comics Internet knows and loves and extols the virtues of in all sorts of ways, from Pizza Dog tributes to knit caps?
Well. This book is going to be like Jen’s version of that. Except not, because Jen is Jen, and Clint is Clint (though they’re pretty good friends, so who knows? We might even get a crossover one day!). This is going to be punching dudes in the face one moment, and preparing cases for court the next. This is going to be going to the beach and singing karaoke and also juggling Incredible Life Drama and grappling with demons, physical and mental. This is going to be Jen, the answer to many feminist new comic readers’ pleas for a truly strong (in more than just the brute strength way, or the 2D ““Strong Female Character”” way) female character who is well-developed, intelligent, geeky, funny, sexy (on her own terms), kind, but also tough and determined as hell.
This is going to be FUN.
Oh, and Comics Internet? I’ve seen how much some of you clamor for a move away from the Darker-n-Grittier cape comics movement ushered in at the tail end of the Bronze Age by Miller & Co. You want a character who combats the ugly evils of the ever-changing, weird wide world around her with a wry smile and a wisecrack (and maybe some good ol’ fashioned punching), instead of moping around alleyways and clinging sadly to gargoyles and crucifixes in the pouring rain (sorry, [pre-Waid] Matt, love you, buddy)?
WELL, HERE SHE IS, FOLKS.
Because, let’s face it. Peter’s gone. The main Marvel U is generally running low on the ever-essential quip quota these days. Jen is, and always has been, the witty hero that the 616 deserves and needs right now. I mean, come on — she was smashing the fourth wall and yelling at her book’s staff back when Deadpool was barely being conceptualized (and let me tell you: early Deadpool? Nothing like the guy you see today.).
So, please, True Believers, give this book a chance in February, and support one of the best characters — female, green, or otherwise — that superhero comics has to offer.
- ebolium likes this
- scissures likes this
- sarabellesaurus reblogged this from myvisagewasted
- myvisagewasted reblogged this from traincat
- benedictcumberbanana likes this
- prefectpeyton likes this
- alexturnerwillneverloveme reblogged this from socies
- bunnyberry05 likes this
- jamsdoodlesforcactus likes this
- honybadgersdontlift likes this
- catbombblog reblogged this from socies
- catbombblog likes this
- dystopiass reblogged this from greek-geordie
- oneday-illbe-tattooed likes this
- anotherhippie likes this
- ihaveacrushonyouall reblogged this from comicbookcrossfire
- ihaveacrushonyouall likes this
- rebuilding-americas-future-today likes this
- comicbookcrossfire reblogged this from signalsfromsaturn
- thenjw reblogged this from signalsfromsaturn
- shingeki-no-sweets-before-dinner likes this
- ministerofgrace reblogged this from briecheesie
- jeanwd reblogged this from signalsfromsaturn
- wearenotthatdifferentyouknow reblogged this from fuckyeahshulkie
- signalsfromsaturn reblogged this from socies and added:
- asleeponabench likes this
- dreamslessordinary likes this
- sheer-vertigo likes this
- mattgoldey reblogged this from socies and added:
- mattgoldey likes this
- letstalkaboutheroes likes this
- vagueblur reblogged this from socies
- sailorfuckthisshit reblogged this from socies
- shoulderfins likes this
- socies reblogged this from socies and added:
- raraivy reblogged this from socies
- raraivy likes this
- fayorei likes this
- enyo-war-goddess reblogged this from socies
- thehammerismjolnir reblogged this from flatbear
- shuppetpuppet likes this
- incredible-sulk reblogged this from socies
- tyrellbutts reblogged this from socies
- i-m-w3 likes this
- i-m-w3 reblogged this from socies
- theskarletwitch likes this
- janesnonsense likes this
- 22cc reblogged this from womeninmarvel
- mcharacter likes this
- scribeofwonders reblogged this from womeninmarvel